Cher, Dog Caregiver--Extensive Experience
Experience:  Extensive Experience Caring for Canines; Specializing in behavior and health concerns.

My 12 week old puppy has a temp of 102.7 and is coughing occasionally,

My 12 week old puppy has a temp of 102.7 and is coughing occasionally, but is playful and eating and drinking normal.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

Normal temp for a dog is between 100.5 and 102.5, so if she has 102.7, this is barely considered fever. However, if she's coughing occasionally, she may have kennel cough or an upper respiratory infection.

I'm glad she's still eating and drinking normally and is active/playful, but keep a good eye on her and if the coughing becomes more persistent, you notice more symptoms, and/or her temperature goes up to 103 or over, definitely have her seen by the vet, again, ASAP. She may need another round of antibiotics or the medication needs to be changed.

For the moment, run a humidifier in the room she's in most, to help add moisture to the air, but if her symptoms continue, she begins to show decreased appetite and/or activity, have her evaluated by the vet, as soon as you can.

I hope all will be well.