Dr. Chad
Dr. Chad, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a small animal veterinarian since 1989 and over 80% of my patients are dogs

the vet gave my dog robaxin and tramadol for pain and bone

the vet gave my dog robaxin and tramadol for pain and bone spurs she can hardly walk now could this be a side affect from the medication

When was the medicine started? When did you notice the trouble walking?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We started the meds on Mon evening, she had trouble in her front paws walking but I think that was because of the inflamation of her bone spurs up around her neck the vet gave her an anti- inflamatory injection on mon. i would say by wednesday her walking was getting worse, and tonight its really bad
Methocarbamol and tramadol can both cause some wobbliness potentially. I use both of them pretty frequently, although usually not together. It isn't a problem using both but may increase the likelihood of "drunkeness." I would say the Methocarbamol is most likely the culprit and would skip a couple doses of that to see if signs improve. Normally I use a medicine like Rimadyl along with one of the drugs your dog is on. If it isn't the meds and your dog is showing neurologic signs related to the neck problem, surgery may be necessary. I doubt this is the case, but if you don't see improvement in 1-2 days you need to discuss it with your vet. Good Luck.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you Dr., My mom was on robaxin for back pain and stopped taking it because of the affects, i thought that might be the case, we will stop for a couple of days and see what happens. thank you again, can we refer to you in a couple of days?
Sure. Good luck and I hope that is all it takes to get her back on track.