Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

my male dog is peeing on walls and furniture and then the

my male dog is peeing on walls and furniture and then the female dogs follow behind and pee is the only solution to get him fixed?
I am sorry to hear about the situation. Getting him castrated very well may solve the solution. However, sometimes, once a male acquires marking as a learned behavior, it doesn't necessarily go away after you remove the testosterone. However, it may greatly help. In addition, if he is older, we may have either bladder issues or prostate problems that are contributing to these symptoms. So, we won't know if there is improvement until the procedure is performed.
Hope that helps
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hes only a year old
Okay...Not likely any prostate issues. That's generally an older dog problem.
Definitely, good time to have him castrated. Following the surgery, give him a little time to adjust.
In addition, thoroughly clean any of the areas that either dog has urinated on. The scent will sometimes encourage them to keep urinating in the same area. Lets also focus on some retraining. No punishment, but reward "immediately" after he urinates where he is supposed to.