Dr. K
Dr. K, Veterinarian
Experience:  13 years experience as Veterinarian
7189224

How can I get free vaccines for my dogs, or at least discounted

How can I get free vaccines for my dogs, or at least discounted? I hate to sound needy, but my husband has lost his job and we are not doing so well. I am a nurse, so I can safely administer the vaccine to my dogs with the proper dosage. Is there anywhere that I can get the necessary vaccines without having to pay a 60 dollar visit for each dog?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. K replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

There are many online catalogues like Fosters&Smith that will sell you certain of the canine and feline vaccines for very low price. However, you cannot get rabies vaccine this way....and this is the one that is the most important, and usually the one that is mandated by law. This vaccine can only be given by a veterinarian.

Therefore, your best bet is likely to go to your local SPCA or the County Animal Control. They often will do very discounted vaccines without physical examination charges. You can also try local animal shelters, as they often provide these services (as well as spay and neuter) for very minimal cost.

I hope that this information is of help to you, and I wish you the best of luck.

Dr. K