Dr. Scarlett
Dr. Scarlett, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a practicing small animal veterinarian with 18 years experience.

my dog eat my granddaughters Adderall XR 30 mg pill. What

my dog eat my granddaughter's Adderall XR 30 mg pill. What will this do to her? She is 103 lbs -Black Lab/Border Collie.
Ideally I would have you make your dog vomit, if she ate the pill in the last hour or so. You can give 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and wait about 15-20 minutes. Put her in the bathtub or on a lot of newspaper to help with the clean up. If she hasn't vomited in 20 min, give her another 2 tablespoons of peroxide.

Adderall is a combination of four amphetamines. According to animal poison control, you can start to see mild signs of amphetamine toxicity (agitation, hyperactivity, tachycardia, etc.) with Adderall at about 0.5 mg/kg. More serious signs start to kick in at about 2-3 mg/kg.

So a 103 pound dog would need to ingest 23 mg for you to see the agitation, hyperactivity, tachycardia, etc. If your dog is showing disorientation or the above signs seem severe, I would take her to an emergency vet for activated charcoal administration and symptomatic treatment until the pill wears off. Since it was an extended release pill, they may need to repeat the activated charcoal in 6-8 hours. But if you get her to vomit the pill, she should be fine.

Hope that helps! Good luck!
Dr. Scarlett