Walter
Walter, Breeder
Experience:  Breeder and pet health consultant. Have spent a number of years with dog rescue, training and health
997364

My daughters 80 pound boxer ate 2 benicar 20 mg pills, is

My daughter's 80 pound boxer ate 2 benicar 20 mg pills, is there any cause for concern?

This medication could cause a toxic reaction in your dog.

If this has been within the last 2 hours, grab a bottle of hydrogen peroxide (3% regular household) You can induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide. I would recommend giving one teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight immediately and gently shake the stomach. Wait 10-15 minutes and if the dog has not vomited repeat the dosage.

If the dog is not able to vomit I want you to call the vet to see if they want to bring the dog in to induce vomiting with stronger medications. The peroxide should bring this up. If it comes up there is no cause for concern, if not your vet will need to be called to see if they want to you to bring the dog in or monitor overnight.

Walter