Theresa, A Voice for Your Pet
Experience:  19+ years experience in small animal medicine

i dipped my dogs with lime sulphur dip how soon can i let them

Customer Question

i dipped my dogs with lime sulphur dip how soon can i let them back inside house. how soon can i bathe them.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Theresa replied 7 years ago.
You can let him back in the house once he is dry. However he will be quite cold outside wet. If you are asking when he can come in because of mange if it is sarcoptic mange he still can come in the house. While we could potentially contract sarcoptic mange their life cycle on people is no more than 15 minutes because we are not the desired host. So while we might itch for a few minutes it usually goes away pretty fast. He will stink up the joint a bit but there is no reason he can't come in otherwise. I don't recommend bathing until the next round of dipping which is usually in 1-2 weeks. For lime sulfur dips to be effective they are usually given 4 times 1-2 weeks apart.