Cher
Cher, Dog Caregiver--Extensive Experience
Experience:  Extensive Experience Caring for Canines; Specializing in behavior and health concerns.
1470369

My dog is very sick, vomiting, rectal bleeding; no appetite,

My dog is very sick, vomiting, rectal bleeding; no appetite, slobbering, and drinking an excessive amount of water. This morning he was whining to get outside, but no other symptoms at that time. Now he is sick as above.

From your description of his symptoms, it's possible that your dog ingested a toxic substance or other non-food item. Because of this possibility, it's essential that you have your dog evaluated by a vet, immediately, so he can be diagnosed and given supportive care.

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/poisoning-in-dogs-what-you-should-know/page1.aspx

Since he seemed fine before going out this morning, that could have been when he ingested what he shouldn't have.

I hope you're able to bring him to an ER vet center, now, if your regular vet is closed at this time, and he's feeling much better after he's been assessed in person and treated.

Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When I got home he had scratched up a piece of our carpet and pad. Not sure if he ate any. He is also eating dirt which he never does!
If you found this when you got home, he might have ingested some of the carpet/pad, which could cause an intestinal blockage. Dogs will eat dirt, grass and other unusual things when they don't feel well and feel that they need to throw up and get rid of an intestinal item which is causing them to feel sick. Stop him from eating the dirt, and bring him to an ER vet center, now.