Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

What are the side effects of Bordetella, Da2P & parvo Our

What are the side effects of Bordetella, Da2P & parvo? Our Shina Ebu-Havenese (3 years old) got her yearly vaccinations yesterday and starting last night she became very quiet and is just laying around, which is definitely not like her. She has no energy & appears depressed. Should we be concerned?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry to hear about your dog.
Following any of the vaccines, you can expect to see lethargy for about 24 hours (not always, but it is a common occurrence).
Symptoms to suggest a hypersensitivty reaction that warrant immediate treatment include: swollen face and muzzle, multiple vomiting episodes, collapse, hives reaction on the body, no appetite for over 48 hours. These are the most common.
I would not be concerned at this time unless you have observed any of the above.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.