Dr.Beth
Dr.Beth, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota
12905457

my male dog is so horny that his penis is hard he is shaking

my male dog is so horny that his penis is hard he is shaking and he is jerking the air what should I do
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr.Beth replied 8 years ago.
I would like to help you with your question, but first I need a bit more information.

How long has his penis been out?

Is he able to retract it? Or is it stuck out?

Are there intact females around?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it is not stuck out he does have it out often and there are no females around just another male ( neutered )
Expert:  Dr.Beth replied 8 years ago.
This does not sound like a medical condition, but rather a case of a frisky intact male dog. Neutering is certainly the solution. Now because he is 6 years old, some of this behavior may have become a habit, so you might see a bit of it even after he is neutered, but certainly a whole lot less frequently.   Try not to reinforce the behavior, meaning do not give him any attention when he does it. Leave the room or at least give him no attention. If he has learned that you make a big fuss when he starts thrusting his pelvis, then he will continue to do it more and more.

Good luck. Schedule that neutering soon!

Dr. Beth