Dr. K
Dr. K, Veterinarian
Experience:  13 years experience as Veterinarian
7189224

Can a dog have a fever Her ears feel awfully warm. Shes

Can a dog have a fever? Her ears feel awfully warm. She's not eating much either.
HiCustomer
Dogs certainly do run fevers, but you cannot tell this by simply touching her. A dog's resting normal body temperature is higher than ours by several degress, so dogs will always feel warm or hot to us. The only way to know for sure if she has a fever is to take her temperature rectally with a digital thermometer.

If your dog is not having any vomiting or diarrhea, then I would not worry too much this evening. Just keep your eye on her. If she still seems lethargic tomorrow, and is not really eating much, then you should take her in to the vet for an examination and to see if she is, in fact, febrile.

I hope that this answers your question, and that your dog feels better soon. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Dr. K