ask_me
ask_me, Obedience, breeding, showing
Experience:  Well versed in all things canine! Knowledgeable in breeding, training and showing
5181091

My dog has been panting very hard, shaking when laying down,

My dog has been panting very hard, shaking when laying down, and following everyone around the house constantly for the past 2 days. She also wont listen to any commands and when let outside she turns immediately around and wants to come back in. Shes a 70lb lab and wants to lay under the smallest table in the house. Is she sick?
Category: Dog
Expert:  ask_me replied 8 years ago.

I"m sorry to hear that your Lab is having this issue. Panting and shaking are generally indicators of pain or distress. Problems could range from a pinched disc, to ingestion of something she shouldn't have, internal issue and so on. With issues like this, it's best to err on the side of caution and have her seen face to face. At home, keep a close eye on her general behavior as well as stool (runny, constipated etc) and uriary habits so that you can let your vet know. I hope she's feeling better soon. -Robyn

Please click "ACCEPT" or if you need more information "REPLY"