Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts ASAP
Thanks for writing in,
Did your dog ingest any? If so how much?How big is your dog?
Ingested 50 miligrams. She weighs 55 lbs.
Ok, well this is generally not used in dogs. IF it was an accidental ingestion the amount consumed is far under the lethal dose, though the toxic dose is not know. I would suggest that if your dog just consumed it that you have her throw it up. Give her about 3 tablespoons of peroxide. If it has been greater than one hour. Then just monitor for any vomiting, dark colored stool, etc. Give your dog a meal as well to help coat her belly.
You may want to add some gastric protectants as well as this can be hard on their stomach. You can give 0.5mg/kg twice daily to aid with that.
Also, is your dog on any other medications such as Pred or any other steroids?
Ok, then he won't have any negative drug interactions associated with this medicine in combo with other meds. Just watch for any GI affects such as the vomiting or dark colored stool. Also, go ahead and give the Famotidine at 0.5mg/kg to decrease the acidity in the stomach and help prevent any ulcerations from the diclofenac.
Please hit accept so that I will be credited with providing you with this answer.