LennyDVM, Veterinarian
Experience:  30 years as owner of a mobile practice treating dogs, cats, horses and other pets.

Please continue the advice!!! I responded with the information

Please continue the advice!!! I responded with the information required. now what shall I do about the terrier who is in terrible state with a dx hot spot that is now scabbed over, has not eaten since Wednesday, drinking very little totally lethargic. I provided information re: current treqtment, got ideas about additional treatment and do I get an answer back!!!! I am very poor with using computers.
Category: Dog
Expert:  LennyDVM replied 8 years ago.

I responded to your added information within a couple minutes of when you posted it. You should be able to find it by clicking where it says "My Questions." By responding there, it lets the person who originally answered your question get your new post and keeps all the information in one thread.

I've copied the info from the other post here. Please do NOT click the accept button again because you already paid for this information.

Unless she is scratching the hot spot, avoiding steroids might be a good idea. The bacitracin ointment is fine as a topical antibiotic.

The red gum color should blanch when pressed. If you don't see a change, it is probably returning to red in less than 2 seconds.

The signs you give don't indicate pain as the primary problem. I'd avoid meloxicam to start. A baby aspirin might help if she has a fever. It can be given every 12 hours for a day for starters to see if it helps.

A temperature would indicate if she had a fever (infection) or is hypothermic (possibly cause other than hotspot). It is a useful piece of information and it should be safe for her so long as she doesn't get too upset with the procedure. If she does, skip it.

Have you tried force feeding and pushing water? A gruel can be squired into her mouth using a syringe or eye dropper. Soft food can be put at the back of her mouth or down her throat like a pill so long as she doesn't bite.

Is she urinating? Does it seem like a normal amount and color if you can see the color?

If she isn't urinating enough, try to push water using a syringe, dropper, squirt bottle (gently).