LennyDVM
LennyDVM, Veterinarian
Experience:  30 years as owner of a mobile practice treating dogs, cats, horses and other pets.
11484156

hI, I just refunded purchase price of one my pups that I had

hI, I just refunded purchase price of one my pups that I had sold a couple of months ago. Now I have a dog that I think has a clacium defieciency. He is a young german shepherd just under 4 mo. that is walking "lazy" He is putting his whole foot from the "ankle" down on the ground so it looks likt he is walking with his front legs at a 90 degree angle out, instead of how his brother is walking mostly on his paw/toes. I plan to take him to a local vet but can not until Monday, is there anything I can do know? Would one of my calcium supplements be bad for him?

Your calcium supplement would not be bad for him, but don't overdo it. Calcium must be in balance with other minerals.

Since you are going to the vet in a few days, getting your boy on a balanced food would allow him to start to readjust.

Let me know if you have follow up questions.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I will accept your answer but I also will admit i was looking for a little more. like how much is too much - supplement, and from the description do you think that that could be why he is walking like he is?