ask_me
ask_me, Obedience, breeding, showing
Experience:  Well versed in all things canine! Knowledgeable in breeding, training and showing
5181091

My dogs mouth droops a little on one side... it just started...its

My dogs mouth droops a little on one side... it just started...its towards the back of the mouth and noticeable when he closes his mouth. It is also a little crusty at the site. The dog is a 2 yr old german sheperd. Thank you
Category: Dog
Expert:  ask_me replied 8 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear that your GSD is having this issue. There are several things that could cause his mouth to hang like this. Dental infections, neurolgoical conditions, and insect bite/stings are a few of the main concerns. I would suggest having him into your vet to have this pinpointed as medication may be needed. Also, check around the home to make sure that he did not ingest anything he shouldn't have. You can also check in the mouth to make sure that nothing is "stuck" in the gums, such as a piece of toy or chew treat. I hope he's doing better soon. -Robyn

Please click "ACCEPT" or if you need more information "REPLY"