Cher, Dog Caregiver--Extensive Experience
Experience:  Extensive Experience Caring for Canines; Specializing in behavior and health concerns.

dog: it involuntary she just started like twitching and pacing

my dog just started jerking it involuntary she just started like twitching and pacing restlessly
Category: Dog
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.

How old is your dog? What breed, what age?

Is she spayed?

Is her belly swollen at all?

Has she eaten, drunk, eliminated normally, today?

Could she have had access to any plants, flowers or poisons, like antifreeze?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
shes a year and a half .shes gone to the bathroom and no toxins that i know of, and her belly isnt swolen. shes a pittbull
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
she urinated and her twitching has settled
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.
Hello again, and thank you for your patience; I wasn't online when you replied.

I'm glad to hear she's urinated and her twitching has settled! I'm going to research your question further for you now, but wanted to let you know I'm here and have rec'd your replies.

Is your dog spayed?

What part(s) of her body were twitching?

Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.
Hi again,

The reason I asked if her belly looked swollen or bloated, is that there is a condition called 'bloat', in which the stomach twists inside and causes painful pockets of gas for the dog. This condition is a medical emergency and needs to be treated by the vet, immediately. Restlessness, pacing and not being able to find a comfortable position is a primary symptom. You can read more about bloat and other important symptoms which need immediate medical attention, here:

Since she seemed to settle after she urinated, it's possible that she has a urinary infection which is causing pain or discomfort and when her bladder was full, this symptom intensified. The twitching is usually related to an underlying neurological condition which could have various causes, so even though she seems much more comfortable, thank goodness, I would recommend a hands-on exam by her vet, ASAP, including blood work and urinalysis, to find if there is any existing medical problem at this time. If her regular vet feels a consultation with a neurologist is warranted, you'll receive a referral. From your description, it's also possible she was experiencing a seizure.

I would also still suspect some kind of toxic ingestion, so please make sure there are no toxic plants, flowers, (live or dried) or any other dangerous things she can get into, inside or outside. Here's more about toxic ingestion in dogs:

I hope your dog continues to feel more settled and return to normal activity, but do try to have her seen by the vet.