ask_me
ask_me, Obedience, breeding, showing
Experience:  Well versed in all things canine! Knowledgeable in breeding, training and showing
5181091

my dog will not get up, right front leg is stiff, shes breathing

my dog will not get up, right front leg is stiff, shes breathing hard and her heart is racing.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
she is 8 years old, a lab mix an outdoor dog.

no previous medical history, except for shots and normal vet visits.

she was fine last night.

her front leg was stiff for a while she wasent moving for a while.
now though she will sit up but not walk and not eat.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
she is 8 years old, a lab mix an outdoor dog. no previous medical history, except for shots and normal vet visits. she was fine last night. her front leg was stiff for a while she wasent moving for a while. now though she will sit up but not walk and not eat.

I'm sorry to hear that your girl is having this issue. Stiff leg and racing heart can indicate several things. First, she may have pinched nerve or disc that causing severe pain. Secondly, this could be a reaction to insect bite or sting (check to see if this is present). Finally, this could be an internal issues (heart, lung , kidney etc) causing this. I would suggest getting her to your vet today as this will need to be seen in person in order to pinpoint the problem. I hope she's doing better soon. -Robyn

Please click "ACCEPT" or if you need more information "REPLY"