How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terri Riba Your Own Question
Terri Riba
Terri Riba, Healthcare Expert
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 32072
Experience:  Expert in canine health and behavior. 20 years of experience with dogs
437368
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Terri Riba is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog just ate a banana peel, are they toxic

This answer was rated:

My dog just ate a banana peel, are they toxic?

Hi Kim,


 


No bananas and their peels are NOT toxic so your dog should be fine. However, if he did not chew it up it could cause a blockage in his intestine so watch carefully for 30 hours to make sure he passes it in his stool


 


I hope he will be fine.


 


Sincerest best wishes,


Terri

Terri Riba and 3 other Dog Specialists are ready to help you