Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

Large dog ate caterpillar and then threw up. dog now eating

Large dog ate caterpillar and then threw up. dog now eating lots of grass

HI Customer

Dogs sometimes eat grass if they feel nauseous however if they eat too much it can cause a blockage of the intestines. Symptoms of this would be sudden lack of appetite, vomiting , diarrhea or change in stool, and lethargy. If you see any of these signs I would bring her in for an exam.

For upset stomach you can give pepto bismol and I will direct you to a site with information and dosing.

You may want to give her a bland diet of boiled chicken ( no bones, no grease) and cooked white rice for the next day or two as this is soothing to inflamed intestines.