Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

White objects looking line rice grain appear in my dog poop,

Customer Question

White objects looking line rice grain appear in my dog poop, this has been happening for 2 days now. I have not fed him any rice
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 8 years ago.

What you are seeing are segments of Tape Worms they are a result of your baby ingesting a Flea that contained the Tape worm eggs. All it takes is one Flea, It sounds like these segments are alive from your description. The only treatment for this is called Droncit or generic Prazquantel. This medication will have to be given to get rid of the Tape worms.You will need to alert the Vet that you believe that your baby needs to be treated for tape worms. They can run a stool sample and give the proper medication. I am going to give you a link to read about Tape worms and the life cycle. I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can assist you further. Joan