Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

My dogs got toothache can he have any painkillers until i get

My dogs got toothache can he have any painkillers until i get him into the vets?

HI barry,

You can give aspirin as long as there is no history of kidney issues or blood clotting issues and it should not be used if the dog is already on other anti inflammatory drugs. Also aspirin can only be used two days tops or stomach ulcers can occur. Use plain buffered aspirin and give with food. Do not use Tylenol or Ibuprofen as these can be toxic to dogs. I will direct you to a site on aspirin which will tell you precautions and dosing.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanx I managed to get in touch with a VET who said we should not give any human meds to our pets and give me a course of anti biotics. but thanx for your answer to my question, Can i just ask how you became a member on just answer i know i answered all the questions right but never got accepted (in IT). Again thanks and sorry for the delay in payment. RESPECT BARRY.

If you would like to save money on your utility bills just visit

just another thanks from me to you.

Hi Barry,

I am glad you got in touch with your vet. Human meds should be used under vet care ( or in emergencies) as your vet knows your dog better than anyone. Hopefully your pup is feeling better by now.

If you have tried to be hired by this site Your best bet is to contact the site at

[email protected] .

Thanks for the utility information. I'll check it out.