How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cher Your Own Question
Cher, Dog Caregiver--Extensive Experience
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 20859
Experience:  Extensive Experience Caring for Canines; Specializing in behavior and health concerns.
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Cher is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog swallowed a frog or toad, I think still alive, and I

Resolved Question:

My dog swallowed a frog or toad, I think still alive, and I live in southern GA. Should I be concerned for my dog's health? What is going to happen, and what should I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.

Many frogs and toads, especially in the Southeastern United States, are very toxic to dogs, so, a vet's evaluation of your dog, ASAP, would be your best course of action. A particularly toxic variety of toad is the 'Bufo Marinus', which excretes a neurotoxin from it's skin and can kill a dog.

Bring your dog to an ER vet center, immediately, for assessment and treatment.

I hope he'll be fine!

Cher and 3 other Dog Specialists are ready to help you

Related Dog Questions