Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My dog ate 2 knee high nylons sometime during the past 5 hours.

Customer Question

My dog ate 2 knee high nylons sometime during the past 5 hours. He passed one last year but now ate 2. Any suggestions what to do?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 8 years ago.

You have two options her with this problem. The first would be is to see the ER vet and have them use an Endoscope to remove the stockings. This is a less invassive way of removing the stockings without further complications. The second thing you can do is take a wait and see stand try feeding some canned pumpkin which is a high fiber food that may expedite the passing of the stockings. What you will have to is to watch for the signs of a blockage. Watch for constipation, diarrhea, vomiting nausea, straing to pass stool, abdominal pain and lethargy. I am alos concerned about the stocking wrapping around the intestines and strangling them. You will need to be on Pooh patrol to be sure that these pass. The choice will have to be yours as to what how you want to handle this situation. I wish you the best in which ever choice you make. Please let me know if I can further assist you. Joan