Dr. Debbie
Dr. Debbie, Veterinarian
Experience:  Full time practicing companion animal veterinarian.

can nexium hurt a dog

can nexium hurt a dog

Can you tell me the weight of your dog? Also, the amount of nexium taken and mg of the tablet.

Also, how long ago did the dog ingest the nexium?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
about 20 pounds. 40mg. not sure when he ate it we were out for about 2 hours
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
do i have to check my email for the answer or do i stay on this page

That won't cause him any harm. I didn't think it would - but I double checked my toxicity source and it has a very wide safety margin and won't be problematic for him.

Dr. Debbie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you so much i've been a mess worrying about him since i came home. his own vet couldn't help me and i think that is absolutey insane with the amount of money i have to pay him to take care of all 5 of my dogs. he told me to call poison control and they wanted $60 and then put me on hold for almost a half hour and never came back. i will be putting this site on my favorites and i'm sure with 5 dogs i'll be back soon. Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help. Dogs can actually take this medication for stomach ulcers, etc., but even at that dose my drug formulary says he will be just fine.