Walter
Walter, Breeder
Experience:  Breeder and pet health consultant. Have spent a number of years with dog rescue, training and health
997364

How long for dogs hair to grow back after very close shave

How long for dog's hair to grow back after very close shave?

Generally around 2 months. Though it could take up to 3 months if it was a very close shave. It really depends on how short the hair cut is, the age of the dog and the health of the dog. A young pup could grow back in 1-2 months a older dog may take 3 or 4 months.

Walter

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
She was shaved 3-4 months ago, and there is no sign of her topcoat, just her fuzzy undercoat. Is there any chance she will get her coat back?

There should be some serious growth by now.....after 3-4 months this is a concern. I would strongly suggest that you speak with her vet to make sure there are no underlying condition that is causing this. You may also want to pick up some hair conditioner to use during her baths.

I got your negative feedback...........Your reply came though and the above is my answer. Can you request that the negative feedback be removed? This effects my ratings and since it was a issue of it not being clear I would begrateful.

Walter