NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

My dog wets the bed but it doesnt smell like urine and its

My dog wets the bed but it doesn't smell like urine and it's clear not yellow. He just started doing this, this past July and he doesn't do it every night.

The clear looking fluid with little or no odor is probably unconcentrated urine. The body recycles the water out of urine usually only leaving a more concentrated solutions of wastes to be passed as urine.

This may be a sign he has a bladder issue such as an infection or stones. It could be he has a kidney problem. But it might be he just isn't holding the sphincter valve shut well when he is asleep too.

I would plan a vet check up to see what the problem is.

If he is 'leaky' there may be meds to help or you could try a belly band with a stick on incontinence pad to make clean up easier. You can see belly bands here

Hope this helps you!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
He's not leaky. He just started this in July when we were in Oregon.

You said he is leaking overnight that is what I meant.

Yes he is aging and problems start sometime and somewhere to first show up.

I'd suggest a vet visit to start investigating the problem - might be that meds will clear it right up.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks I'll schedule a vet appt. I just want to make sure he isn't hurting right now.

It could be a pinched nerve in his spine is causing the bladder control issue but as long as he is acting OK and eating and drinking OK etc. he is not likely in pain.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks again have a good night.
You are welcome and thanks for your accept :)