NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

my dog has a round growth in the middle of his stomach area

it has gotten larger in the past couple of weeks
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 8 years ago.
If it is about where his belly button would be then it might be an umbilical hernia which has recently torn more. Those are repairable with surgery.
With any lump or bump its a good idea to have your vet check it out. If it happens to be something that needs to be removed its best to get it off while its as small as possible.
You can read here about other causes of lumps in dogs
Hope this helps you!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to NancyH's Post: I have never observed a belly button
Expert:  NancyH replied 8 years ago.
Dogs do not have a belly button but they have an area on their abdomen where one might be if they did. Its the location the umbilical cord would have been attached to the abdomen. It is forward, in a male, of the penis tip and below the area where the ribs come together. I used that as a location for an umbilical hernia as you said nothing about where the growth was located.