Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

My female dog has been urinating on herself, my sofa, & her ...

My female dog has been urinating on herself, my sofa, & her dog bed while she's sleeping. She eats well, and still plays like normal, and doesn't "go to the bathroom" in the house...except while she's asleep. Have you heard of this before and what can I do about it?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 8 years ago.

It sounds as if your girl has urinary incontinence if she is wetting during sleep. This is due to a weakening of the urethral muscle. There is medication that can help with this and you should see a difference fairly quickly when on the meds. In some cases the meds are needed short term and in other cases it is needed for life.

I am going to direct you to a site for further reading but I would suggest you see your vet to take care of the problem.