Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

my dog has got green stuff coming out of his genital and ...

my dog has got green stuff coming out of his genital and sometimes he is been sick.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the question.

I think you have two issues here, 1. is the discharge and 2. is the vomiting.

1. A slight green discharge from the genitals is quite common in male dogs, while it can be an infection this is rare it is much more often a hygiene issue.

My advice to you is to lay your dog on its side { This may well be a two person job } Then grasp his penis and gently roll back his foreskin and wash the whole area with soap and water and finally rinse it. If you do this once a week or so your problem should go. If you do this and the problem persists consult your vet as it may be an infection and antibiotics may be appropriate.

2. Vomiting is quite common in the dog much more so than say a person. Dogs vomit when they eat grass for example. Provided it is only a couple of times a month and he is otherwise bright and healthy then you would have little to worry about. Sometimes a good thing to do is a change in diet but there are so many causes of vomiting that it is difficult to give you any home remedies.
If the vomiting becomes a problem then have your vet check him out.

If I can advise you further please get back in touch.

Scott Nimmo BVMS