ask_me, Obedience, breeding, showing
Experience:  Well versed in all things canine! Knowledgeable in breeding, training and showing

why does my dog sleep in corners or other hiding places

Customer Question

we have fun during the day but when he sleeps (shih tzu) lately he goes into a corner in the closet or behind the couch--I don't understand it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  ask_me replied 8 years ago.

Some dogs begin to prefer designated their own quiet area as "theirs" to sleep in. You may want to try using a crate (with the door open). Put a blanket on the bottem of it and designate this as his space. Anytime he goes into it, do not allow children or other family members to disturb him. This can also be done wtih a dog bed in a quiet area such as laundry room etc. That said, you may also want to have him into the vet for a wellness exam. Anytime their is a change in behavior, it's always good to rule out any medical causes. They are a great little breed and I hope this helps him. -Robyn

Please click "ACCEPT" or if you need more information "REPLY"