ER Veterinarian
ER Veterinarian, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care Medicine Specialist. 10+ years of ER veterinary experience
11174853

my dogs tounge has turned gray and she is breathing/panting ...

Customer Question

my dogs tounge has turned gray and she is breathing/panting very heavily (she has not been outside for long periods of time) Her eyes are open very wide and look buggy, she is moving very little and it appears that movment is very labored.
Category: Dog
Expert:  ER Veterinarian replied 8 years ago.

She needs to be seen by a vet AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. You are describing a dog that is in distress.   Call you vet right away or take her to an emergency clinic.

A grey tongue and the heavy pant and wide eyes tell us that she is not getting enough oxygen. Something is wrong with her lungs or airway.

There is not much help we can give you other than tell you to get her to a vet now. Please let us know what happens.

ER vet
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ER Veterinarian's Post: She died
I am so sorry,

You are in my thoughts. My first dog ever recently died (his picutre is my icon) so I know how hard this is.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

ER vet
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the response, we adopted her from the pound in korea, no telling what health problems she had, we had her for the last year I just hope that we made her last year on earth the happiest. We did truly love Jesse.
I am sure she knew it.

Good luck

ER vet