Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog has a growth just above its dew claw. It ...

My dog has\a growth just above it''s dew claw. It looks like a slightly red wart - apprx 1/3 inch in dia.
Thanks for the question.

While I cannot diagnose over the internet you description makes me think that this is very likely a lesion called a histiocytoma.

This is a benign skin tumour which occurs in dogs less than two years of age, there will usually only be one. They are fast growing and are said to have the appearance of a pink button. Sometimes they ulcerate and this is good as it is a sign it is about to regress on its own.

Usually these need no treatment as in a month or so they will regress and disappear on their own, if it is causing any problem then they are easily surgically removed.

Here is a link to a good web page which shows a picture of one : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histiocytoma_(dog)

Please let me know if this looks like your dog's lump ...

If I can advise you further do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Scott Nimmo BVMS
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Dr Nimmo

Thanks for your answer. The link does indeed bring us to something very similar to what our dog has.