Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

My dog has a cyst that ruptured and has been bleeding ...

My dog has a cyst that ruptured and has been bleeding ... today a lot. Is it draining the cyst? The cyst is between the shoulder blades on her back at base of neck. Can she bleed to death? How do I help her?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 8 years ago.

How severe is the bleeding?

Is there a large opening where the cyst is?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Not a large opening, but bleeding off and on...have used several tissues to sop it up...looks like something white is protruding...she is eating treats, but not dog food so far tonight...she is drinking water and her eyes are bright. The skin is off the cyst and it is raw.
Expert:  Joan replied 8 years ago.

If you have some Betadine solution this will work well to clean it up. Than apply some Neosporin to the area. Try and trim any hair away from the area. This should be fine until you see the Vet in the AM. I would withold food and water until you see the Vet in the AM in case they need to use anesthesia to remove the cyst or put in a drain. Joan