In short - NO Baytril for animals is FOR ANIMAL TREATMENT ONLY! If you have ingested any or you are thinking about it (for some reason) you should consult with your G.P as soon as possible. Even though this is enrofloxacin - an analogue of the human antibacterial ciprofloxacin, there have been various reportings of side effects. Although these have only been minor to date and are treated symptomatically I still would really advise against taking these.
I hope this answers your question - feel free to reply if you need further information.
Thank you and please now click ACCEPT.
Dr M D Edwards
Hi again and thank you for your accept!
I just read your feedback - here is some more details for the drops. You shouldn't get this material on your hands. Please read the following package insert I have transcribed:
Not for human use. Keep out of the reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with copious amounts of water for 15 minutes. In case of dermal contact, wash skin with soap and water. Consult a physician if irritation develops or persists following ocular or dermal exposures. Individuals with a history of hypersensitivity to quinolone compounds or antibacterials should avoid handling this product. In humans, there is a risk of user photosensitization within a few hours after excessive exposure to quinolones. If excessive accidental exposure occurs, avoid direct sunlight.
Thanks again and best of luck medicating your dog.