Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist

Why my dog have bad chest pain. He have problem even to ...

Why my dog have bad chest pain. He have problem even to stand up or laid down. When I check for something he have pain even with a touch. thanks
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 8 years ago.

What makes you think he has pain? for example.. When you touch him, he yelps or he can't get up.
How old is your dog?
Is he up to date on his vaccinations?
Has he been around other dogs such as at a pet store, park, etc?
Is he eating and drinking?
Is he vomiting?
Is he having diarrhea?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Jane Lefler's Post: Well yestardy night he was just fine.
Not a single problem.
But this morning may be around 5:00 am
I herad a yelps then I look out it and I thought that they were playing. Cause I have an other two malamutes. He walks stand and laid down but when he does that I think it hurts. He walks like realy slow.
He is up with vaccinations.
He is like 6 months old.
He was only with may other dogs for a few days.
And he is just fine with all that but jsut that pain.
hope that helps.

It may be that he has pulled a muscle or otherwise injured himself while playing with the other dogs. One of the other dogs might also have been putting him in his place and actually bit him as well. This is more likely if he is not neutered and you have older males.

You will need to separate him from them and examine him closely. You will want to look for any cuts, bruises, heat or swelling. Check around the legs and the throat area and ears and back of the neck. These are places that dogs tend to go for. Then he may also be walking slow in order not to trigger an attack from one of the older dogs if they did attack him.

If you find an obvious injury, then you will need to have it taken care of at your vet. If you don't find any obvious injury, then it might just be a pulled muscle. In that case, you will want to keep him contained as much as possible for a few days to give him time to heal. Buffered aspirin can be given to a dog with a dosage of up to 5-10 mg per pound every 12 hours. Keep in mind that a dog's body does not metabolize aspirin in the same way as a human and thus should not be given more than a day or two without contacting your Vet. Read side effects and precautions here.

However, it is Friday and you may not want to risk having an emergency visit over the weekend, so in that case, you might want to have him seen today before the weekend.

I hope this information is helpful to you.