Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian
9138059

My dog seems tired and lethargic. He is not his usual ...

Customer Question

My dog seems tired and lethargic. He is not his usual playful self. His movements are very slow.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 8 years ago.
Answered via Just Answer Chat.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I doubt it- the only thing I can think of was yesterday I dropped a vitamin
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 8 years ago.

Hi againCustomer-

Are you still there? You left the chat for some reason - maybe you got disconnected? Do you think your wee boy may have gotten into something at home today? What have his signs been since 2pm? Has there been any vomitting of diarrhoea? Has he had anything to eat or drink since this time? Is he up and about or lying around?

Thanks,

Dr Edwards

Expert:  Pet Doc replied 8 years ago.

Hi again,

Ok - I am sure you will tell me more in a bit. However, if your dog is quite flat (as it sounds like he is), there is something definitely going on. I would definitely recommend you take him to the emergency Veterinary clinic - if for nothing else, to give you some peace of mind tonight. It is always much better to be safe than sorry in these situations as anything could have really happend to your little guy - a toxicity, trauma you weren't aware of, he may even have swallowed something he shouldn't have that is now acting as a partial or complete obstruction within his gut! A full physical examination will help rule in or rule out any number of these problems and help set your mind at ease, rather than worrying the whole night through until you get through till the mornign to take him to your regular Vet.

Please feel free to send through more details or questions if you have them.

Kind Regards,

Dr M D Edwards

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Im here- I will give him a snack- he takes it, but isn't excited about it like usual- no vomit or diarrohea- drinking a bit of water
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 8 years ago.
Ok, It is totally up to youCustomer- obviously I can't see or examine your dog through the computer (it'd be great if I could!!), but if you are at all concerned, it is always better to be safe than sorry and get him checked out. So many times I have owners come into me after a weekend or evening on a Monday morning with a dog that is severly ill and practically untreatable that could have made it had they taken it to an after hours clinic when the signs first started and were managable. Chances are this is not a very life threatening problem, but neither of us can be sure without getting the dog fully examined. As I say, anything could have happened to him! Best of luck with him and please do give me updates with how you get on and how his health is. Give him a pat from me.