Walter, Breeder
Experience:  Breeder and pet health consultant. Have spent a number of years with dog rescue, training and health

My 4 lb. yorkie ate a bandaid yesterday at around 8 p.m.

She ate normally this morning, but after her nighttime meal 5:30 p.m. she started throwing up. What should I do?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Walter replied 8 years ago.

It sounds like the material in the band-aid upset her stomach. The good news is they are non toxic so it is unlikely there will be any issues beyond her vomiting. You will want to continue to watch the stools to see if it has passed.

I would suggest calling her vet in the morning and letting him know about the incident so if he wants to see her he can set up a appointment.

If she continues to vomit you can start her on a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice to settle her stomach. You can also giver her unfavored pedilayte to replace the electrolytes she will lose if she continues to be sick.