How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NancyH Your Own Question
NancyH
NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 31958
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics
127115
Type Your Dog Question Here...
NancyH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog died yesterday, from vomiting,blood in urine and ...

Resolved Question:

My dog died yesterday, from vomiting,blood in urine and stool. I found a dead chipmunk in the yard and this moring found three dead in my pool skimmer. Could he have dsied from someone poisoning the chipmunks?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 8 years ago.
Yes if the chipmunks were poisoned with an anticoagulant type of poison and your dog got the poison bait or ate the chipmunks he may have died due to the internal bleeding caused by the poison.
With blood in urine and stool and vomiting I'd suspect poisoning. Your vet should be able to tell you through some testing if that is the case.
You can read about rodent poisons here
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/rat_poison.html
You may want to contact police in case the chipmunks were an accident and your dog was the real target of the poison if it was poison that killed him.
My deepest sympathy on your loss. If you have not seen www.petloss.com and the rainbow bridge story it may bring you some comfort.
Hope this helps you!
NancyH and 6 other Dog Specialists are ready to help you

Related Dog Questions