NancyH
NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics
127115

My dog died yesterday, from vomiting,blood in urine and ...

My dog died yesterday, from vomiting,blood in urine and stool. I found a dead chipmunk in the yard and this moring found three dead in my pool skimmer. Could he have dsied from someone poisoning the chipmunks?
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 8 years ago.
Yes if the chipmunks were poisoned with an anticoagulant type of poison and your dog got the poison bait or ate the chipmunks he may have died due to the internal bleeding caused by the poison.
With blood in urine and stool and vomiting I'd suspect poisoning. Your vet should be able to tell you through some testing if that is the case.
You can read about rodent poisons here
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/rat_poison.html
You may want to contact police in case the chipmunks were an accident and your dog was the real target of the poison if it was poison that killed him.
My deepest sympathy on your loss. If you have not seen www.petloss.com and the rainbow bridge story it may bring you some comfort.
Hope this helps you!