Jessica
Jessica, Certified Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Licensed Veterinary Tech with 7 years experience in small animal practice
4591073

the whites of my dogs eye is all blood red. what is it and ...

the whites of my dogs eye is all blood red. what is it and what can i do to fix it?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jessica replied 9 years ago.
Hi there! It's extremely important that this be looked at by a vet. Red eye can be caused by many things, from the easily treated (like keratitis, or dry eye, to conjunctivitis, or pink eye) to the more serious and possible requiring emergency care (like glaucoma or hemorrhage). Plus, should an infection be starting up, it's bad to leave an eye untreated for too long, lest the eye lose vision. So I would definitely recommend you see your vet tomorrow if possible.

Here is more information on some of the reasosn a dog's eye might be bloody red in appearance:

http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/petcolumns/showarticle.cfm?id=65

Hope this helps! Best of luck to you and your dog!