Cher
Cher, Dog Caregiver--Extensive Experience
Experience:  Extensive Experience Caring for Canines; Specializing in behavior and health concerns.
1470369

my dog has a very stuffy nose and can not breath very well.

my dog has a very stuffy nose and can not breath very well. I feel she has some kind of allergies. We have had her on antibotics and
Category: Dog
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.

Allergies are very possible, especially if you use any scented candles, spray, solid or plug-in air fresheners, and certain cleansers in your home and/or if she's sensitive to pollen, plants and flowers. The medications the vet has prescribed should be helping, and if she's still stuffy, you can help by running a humidifier in your home or in the room she occupies the most; also steam up your bathroom with a hot shower, and sit in
there with her for 10-15 minutes at a time, several times a day. This should help decongest the stuffiness in her nose.

http://www.sniksnak.com/doghealth/allergies.html
http://www.sniksnak.com/doghealth/inhalants.html

I hope she's feeling more comfortable, very soon!

Cher
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Cher is ther any thing that I might use to unstop
her nose right now until I can get her to the vet again tomorrow.I know with kids you sometimes can use suction and salt water to relieve the discomfort. She is very uncomfortable right now.
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply.

Yes, you could try a non-medicated saline pediatric nose drops, to try to unstuff her nose; just one drop in each nostril. I wouldn't recommend using the bulb syringe and saline solution on your own. That would better be left up to the vet. Try the steam and see if it helps.

Cher