Dr. Angela
Dr. Angela, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree, University of Illinois

My yorkies eyes are matted. I have been putting warm

Customer Question

My yorkie''s eyes are matted. I have been putting warm compresses on them. One of her eyes has a small red blood blister looking thing at the edge of it. She is just laying down and not playing with the other dogs. What else can I do?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Angela replied 8 years ago.
Her eyes must really be bothering her if they're causing her to be lethargic and solitary. You're already putting warm compresses on them and it's not helping so the next step is getting her to a veterinarian for evaluation. Some vets are open on Saturdays and you should be able to get her in today. If you wait, you may end up at an emergency clinic tonight or tomorrow if she worsens. The vet will examine her, make sure everything is okay and it's just her eyes, check her eyes and prescribe medication to give her some relief. I'd get her in in the next few hours if you can. Best wishes.