NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

my dog has bumps on his underside near his armpits.

my dog has bumps on his underside near his armpits. They don''y seem to bother him, but they are very large. I applied some itch cream and they went down alittle bit. could it be from spider or ants? I don''t see any more in the yard then usuall.
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 8 years ago.
Is it just one lump in each armpit?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no, there are multiple bumps, some are small and some are large as quarter size. It looks like if you were to get a misquito bite, but just the lump.
They have gone down since yesterday. I did wipe the area with water because I wasn't sure if the cream made it worse.
Expert:  NancyH replied 8 years ago.
I was thinking this might be a lymph node problem but with your description of multiple bumps this could be a problem such as a skin infection or mange mites.
You can read about contagious mange here
you can see in one of the diagrams on that site that one of the areas that can have a problem is the armpit area.
I'd have a vet check this out and they can do a skin scraping to check for mange mites.
Hope this helps you!