NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

I was just told that my dogs phosphorus level are low What ...

I was just told that my dogs phosphorus level are low? What should be treatment?
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 8 years ago.
The IV may help get him back in balance.
You may want to check the function of the parathyroid gland as if that is overactive it can lower phosphorous. Another issue can be a malignancy in the body (cancer), or this can be due to malabsorption where the intestinal tract is not absorbing food properly, or to an unbalanced diet which can happen with some home cooked meals lacking in calcium and phosphorus.
The vet should be getting him stablized with the IV and then discuss with you what the primary issue is and how best to handle it.
Hope this helps you!