Pat, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of veterinary experience in private practice and emergency care

My dog is shaking and looks like he doesnt feel good.

My dog is shaking and looks like he doesn''t feel good. We went to get frozen custard earlier in the evening, and he ate some. This is a rare treat we''ve given him before. Do you think that is the cause and is there anything we should do for him now? Oh yeah, he''s a pug.
I don't think the ice cream really could have much to do with this UNLESS he overate and has a stomach ache.
If the ice rcream was chocolate, this would be a problem depending on how much again.
A few small bites of either is not a problem, a small cone size of chocolate could be an issue.
What exactly did he eat?
What is he doing now?
Dr. Pat
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it was a small vanilla sample cone. he is laying with my husband in our bed. kinda sleeping. the shaking is not as bad, but he did that earlier and then when he got up, he was shaking again. he seems to be breathing a little shallow, but maybe i'm paranoid.
Take a look at his gums...are they pink?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
he's probably fine, maybe he ate the cold icecream to fast or the dairy is upsetting his stomach. If he has diarrhea you'll have your answer. I would just let him rest and keep him warm so he can relax a bit. (Stomach cramps are not fun)
I hope this helps you all sleep well tonight!
Best wishes,
Dr. Pat
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX an eye on him.
Good night!