Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

my dog is shaking and her stomach feels hard, what is wrong

Customer Question

My dog just walked up to my husband and tried to put her leg on him, she is shaking, breathing a little hard and her stomach is hard
Category: Dog
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

What kind of a dog is this?

If you try to feed her a treat, will she take it, or does she have no appetite?

When did she last have a bowel movement?

Thank you for the additional information.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Anna's Post: She is a German Shepard mix, I ended up taking her to the vet hospital..I'm going to include what happened so maybe it can help someone else...When she walked up to my husband she tried to put her foot on his lap and just fell over..she was shaking pretty violently, her stomach was hard as a rock, and she couldn't lay or sit she was in to much turns out that she had gotten into my trash and ate some noodles that we had thrown away earlier in the day...they were very moldy, anyways after taking her to the vet hospital who took her blood and x-rays we decided to bring her home ( we had no idea what was wrong at that time) she started to projectile vomit everywhere ( thats how we knew what she had eaten ) I stayed up with her all night, covered my entire living room with sheets because of the vomiting and after about 9 hours it was over. She is just fine now after a huge scare and we now have child safety locks on all of our cabinets including the one the trash is in so we have no repeat performances. I hope this will help someone else.
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the update and precautions for other dog owners. I'm glad to hear your dog is fine.