Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

In Florida do all puppy sales require a health certificate.

I am currently trying to purchase a pug from a "breeder" and he became enraged when I asked for a health certificate on the pup. I always though certificates and the first parvo shot was "State Law". The only thing he did for his pups was wormed them.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 8 years ago.

I live in Florida and have found that private breeders get away without a health certificates. There are so many backyard breeders and Puppy mills around it is hard for the state to gain control of getting the health certificates down. Many of the Counties have different governing laws regarding the sale of puppies. I am going to give you a link about Puppy Lemon Laws. Florida has one of the most stringent laws around. Joan