Cher, Dog Caregiver--Extensive Experience
Experience:  Extensive Experience Caring for Canines; Specializing in behavior and health concerns.

Is it safe for dogs to eat seaweed Particularly Nori, the ...

Is it safe for dogs to eat seaweed? Particularly Nori, the kind used in sushi, etc- I got some Nori wrapped rice crackers that I don''t like but my giant schnauzer Zaphod does!

Yes, it is safe for dogs to eat nori, and in fact this and other types of seaweed and sea vegetables, are quite healthy for dogs.

Because it tends to be a somewhat chewy, just watch your dog for any gagging or choking, if he's not chewing well. Also, don't overdo it; give the rice crackers wrapped with nori as an occasional treat, and make sure the ingredients don't include any onions/onion powder, which is toxic to dogs.