Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

what can i give my dog to help him poop

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 8 years ago.

We have a few natural Options to help relieve the constipation. The first is some canned Pumpkin a (couple of spoonfulls added to the food),the next is you can try a little plain milk, which can help loosen the stool , but be careful of diarrhea, and last you can try some Metamucil which is a natural laxative that can be gotten at any store. You need to be sure that there is no intestinal obstruction that is causing this problem with passing stool. Make sure that your baby has not eaten anything like a bone or a piece of a toy that could cause a blockage in the intestines.If your baby starts to Vomit please see the ER Vet since there is possibly a blockage that may be causing the problem. I will give you a link to help with the proper dosage per pound. If this does not seem to work, then I would contact your Vet for further instructions. Joan