Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

My dog just ate about 5-10 menthol cough drops (halls ...

My dog just ate about 5-10 menthol cough drops (halls brand) he weighs about 15-20 lbs... what should I do?

Were the cough drops sugar free?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It dose not specify directly that they are sugar free the active ingredient is menthol and the inactive ingredients are : colerants, flavors, glucose syrup, sucrose, and water.

Your baby should be fine. You may see some diarrhea or a little vomiting from the cough drops. The ingredients are not toxic, but can cause some gastrointestinal upset. Fot now I would burn some taost and feed it to him like a snack to help absorb some of the ingredients in the stomach. If they were sugar free then at that point I would suggest inducing vomiting. If your baby starts to have some problems you can give some Pepto Bismol at 1 teaspoon full per 5 pounds of body weight every 6 hours for two doses. I would also use a bland diet of plain skinless chicken breast boiled with white rice. This will help rest the stomach. Joan